when two individuals love each other and want to build a family living in the same house and want to live together, they come together in holy matrimony and get married. Different countries have different ways to give recognition to this bond between two people. Many states require social recognition others follow a more traditional approach and need civil marriages in front of the law with witnesses.
Civil marriage is now a socially accepted feature.But it comes with its share of boon and bane.Some of which are mentioned in this article.
Some pros of a civil marriage
- It is cut out for valuing their freedom. If both your partner and you like living like free birds, then this is the best option for you. It gives you the choice and freedom when it comes to styling your ceremony. There are more options in a civil ceremony with how you want it done.
- It allows you to find out how it is going to be like living with your partner in the long run. You have the opportunity to test the strength of your relationship as you understand your partner better when living together. It saves you from getting into a hasty marriage which might not workout for you in the future.
- Itis much easier to organize, as a civil marriage can be collected in a couple of weeks. It is giving you the necessary time before such a huge commitment.
- If things don’t turn out the way you expected them to, filing a divorce is pretty straightforward and much more uncomplicated. You have an easy way out of a relationship you do not wish to continue.
If you are looking for an easier way to start cohabitation with your partner online websites that are registered for mariage civil is a good option for you to consider.
There are always two sides to a coin, mentioned below are some Cons of civil marriage.
- According to surveys conducted, a majority of the women up to 80% who are in a civil marriage acknowledge themselves as married ladies bound in a relationship. Whereas, a percentage as high as 90% of the men owned themselves free.
- When people decide to part ways, settling on property acquired during the time together can be difficult. One may have to produce documentation certifying ownership of properties such as houses or expensive jewellery. It can also be challenging to prove that an individual was involved in the acquiring of any given parcel.
- Civil marriages come with their share of psychological prejudice as the cohabitation may mean differently to each of the individuals involved. Partners may not be ready to bear the responsibilities involved, and this may be an easier way to coexist, without having to take such responsibilities.
- Deciding on the inheritance can be a difficult question to answer. Once a partner dies, it becomes difficult to raise children, especially if the children are minor.