Do you want your business’ growth and ongoing scalability to be compromised by theft? Do you want your reputation to be tarnished as a result of a company-wide hacking scandal? No, of course you don’t, which is why it is imperative that you go above and beyond to secure your organization against all of the external dangers that threaten it.
The sheer number of expensive items that you store in your workspace makes your business a sitting duck for burglary and theft. It is for this reason you must go above and beyond to ensure that your working environment remains physically secure.
To perform this all-important task in an efficient and effective fashion, you must:
- Review your safety measures (locks, cameras, alarms, etc.) regularly, and if they look compromised, fix or replace them right away
- Invest in smart access technology (keypads, fobs, fingerprint/facial recondition, etc.) to provide your workspace with an added element of control
- Install security lighting that detects movement at nighttime
- Secure the perimeter of your premises by fitting gates, high fencing, and anti-climb measures (spikes, rotating wall-top spinners, anti-climb paint, etc.)
- Hire a dedicated team of security guards to provide your property with around-the-clock protection
- Always remain vigilant about unusual behavior
Physical theft isn’t the only problem that you need be wary of, though. Thanks to the rise of web-based criminality, cybersecurity is also something that you simply must consider. Should you fail to perform this all-important task, your data could end up falling into the wrong hands at any time. This will then cause you an untold amount of problems going forward, and not just from a financial standpoint.
Should, for example, your private customer data be breached, your reputation as a trustworthy organization will suffer an extensive amount of damage. This could ruin your standing in your industry, which in turn will have a negative knock-on effect regarding the amount of profit that you turn over.
There are lots of things that you can and should be doing to protect your business against the perils of cybercrime, one of the most important being to enable a foolproof firewall safety solution. With the new SonicWall TZ670 security system in place, you will have the capacity to filter network traffic, you’ll be able to deter malicious content, and you’ll find it easier to fend off dangerous trojan attacks.
What’s more, you will be able to take advantage of a high-speed virtual private network (VPN), which means that you’ll be able to enhance your remote safety protocol. In layman’s terms, this means that you can employ a distributed workforce without having to worry about your data being compromised by external threats.
Want to provide your business with a high-quality layer of protection? If so, be sure to heed the two top tips listed above.