Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday! Our Holiday will still be going on for the rest of the week visiting relatives we haven't seen yet. Just wanted to share this quick recipe for Gingerbread Pancakes that we had Christmas Day! Everyone enjoyed them!!! We enjoyed them with chocolate chips and raisins. We didn't think syrup or honey was necessary!
Here is the recipe:(serves 4)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 dark brown sugar (we used light)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
2 tbsp. molasses
2 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
1. Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the liquid ingredients.
3. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and whisk until combined.
4. Let batter stand for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
5. Place 2 tbsp. of the mixture in a large greased saute pan over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Serve with maple syrup or honey.
These Gingerbread Pancakes made the perfect breakfast for the holidays!!! I may be making Gingerbread Waffles too!
What did you have for your Holiday Breakfast?